Our teen programs are back in-person. We can't wait to have you join us back at the library!
- Teen Craft Club: This club meets monthly and makes everything from jewelry to paintings to gingerbread houses!
Below you will find some external resources and links that we hope will be helpful.
- The Alex Awards - Are funded by the Margaret Alexander; Edwards Trust, which are announced annually in conjunction with National; Library Week, honor the top 10 adult books for teenagers published during a calendar year.
- The John Newbery Award - The Newbery Medal was named for 18th Century British bookseller John Newbery. It is awarded annually by the American Library Association - Association for Library Service to Children, to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American Literature for children.
- The Michael L. Printz Award - Is an award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature. It is named for a Topeka, Kansas school librarian who was a long-time active member of the Young Adult Library Services Association of the American Library Association.
- AR Bookfinder - Find Accelerated Reading books by title or topic.
- Book Spot - Books written with young adults in mind confront issues that are of great importance to teens and their families.
- Reading Rants - Out of the ordinary teen booklists!
- Recommended Reading For Teens In Light Of Recent Disasters - A reading list of books about overcoming disaster and stories of survival for teen developed by The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA).
- Teen Book Club - Sign up by entering your email address and receive weekly excerpts of books to read and more!
- TeenInk.com - Magazine, blogs, book series and website written entirely by teens.
- The Young Adult Library Services Association - YALSA booklist and book awards.
Check out these free career, job, and test preparation resources on NCLive. You will need a valid library card to access these resources!
- College Source Online - The World's College Catalog Resource
- Help For Homeless College Students - Resources, Programs and Awareness for College Students in Need
Johnston County Schools Central Services
- Johnston County Schools Central Services - Links to reading lists, homework help, eBooks, resource centers and helpful school apps.
Safe Surfing for Teens
- ALA Great Websites For Kids - Guidelines to follow on how to keep safe while using the internet.