Tommy "Trash" and his team at All Star collect your garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulk items every week on the same day! Learn more about his services by reading our All Star Brochure (PDF) or print off a handy Outline of Service Days and Tips (En Espanol) (PDF).
- All garbage and recycling must fit inside your cart - we still are trying to avoid overflowing carts.
- You must put out your cart the night before your pick-up day. All Star will start no earlier than 7 am, but as they transition to serving Clayton, we cannot predict what exact time each day they will arrive. It will always vary, so to be safe always put your carts out the night before!
- Your garbage goes to the Johnston County landfill, and your recycling will go to the Waste Management recycling facility in Raleigh.
- Yard waste must be bagged in clear plastic bags so drivers can tell it apart from bulky items, which will now be collected each week.
- Everything (garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulk items) are all be picked up weekly on the same day!
- Help All Star be more efficient - please only roll out your recycling cart when it's more than half-full! Pick-up is every week now!
Just call or text All Star directly at 919-989-1562.
Large Item Pick-Ups
With All Star, You do not need to call to request a special pick-up for bulk items. Bulk waste is any item too big to go in your garbage carts or extra bags that can't fit. All Star will pick up 1 or 2 bulk items once a week same day as garbage! Bulk items include:
- Mattresses/box springs
- Large tables/desks
- Sofas and recliners
- Extra bags of trash
- Sinks, toilets (in one piece)
- Furniture: dresser, chest, headboards, etc.
- Appliances (white goods): refrigerators, dryers, water heaters, washers, etc.
Bulk items do not include:
- Electronics, computers, or televisions
- Carpet or construction/demolition debris
Excessive Amounts of Bulk Items
If you put an excessive amount of bulk items (more than 2 smaller items, or 1 large item per week) or you put out household hazardous waste (paint, oil, etc.), All Star will not collect them. Drivers will leave you a door hanger that explains whether they simply cannot pick up the item at all, or if they can pick it up, but would need to charge an extra fee. They'll take a picture and send that to the Town, and we will advise you before collecting and adding the fee to your next monthly utility bill.
Christmas Tree Pick-up
Yes, we pick them up! They are picked up on your regular yard waste day. Just place them at the edge of your yard, not in the curb, and please make sure you've removed all lights, ornaments and other decorations first!